You can change a life by providing the individual attention that helps children build confidence and experience success.
Since 1993, San Antonio Oasis has offered Oasis Intergenerational Tutoring, which pairs adults age 50 and older with children in grades 1-3 to promote success in reading. Volunteers are needed to spend one hour a week with the same child throughout the school year.
- No teaching experience is required
- Free training is provided
- Hours are flexible for vacations and appointments
- Choose the school where you prefer to tutor
Upcoming training dates:
- Thursday, October 20 from 9am-3pm
- Friday, October 21 from 9am-12pm
To learn more, please fill in the form or contact Lauren Prescott , program coordinator, (210) 236-5954.